The Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador Program
Are youth mental health issues on your mind?
Are YOU someone who's starting to think that you want to make a difference?
If you are, then you are not alone. How would you like to become someone who CAN help empower young people in your community? If so, then read on.
Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest is a health promotion festival, that uses the Performing & Visual Arts to promote positive health messages that can help empower young people. The festival has been making a difference for over 25 years, having reached thousands over that time. Through the festival, we continue searching for new and innovative ways to engage young people in their communities.
That's why we are now on the hunt for an Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador - to help us do it. Could that be YOU?
The Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador Program's objective is to empower youth as influencers in their own communities and increase community engagement to break down barriers.
This program will provide the opportunity for young people aged 14-25 to become recognised leaders in their community, promoting positive mental health through the Act-Belong-Commit health message, then you owe it to yourself and your community to apply for this wonderful opportunity.
For this role, we are looking for someone special - a caring, engaged, and motivated young person, who has the Act-Belong-Commit ethos in their DNA; and we are on the hunt for as handful of Ambassadors across WA.
What is expected:
- Represent Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest as our Ambassador in your hometown.
- Have an understanding of the Act-Belong-Commit message (we can help you with this) and be willing to raise awareness of the campaign encouraging positive mental health.
- Be a positive role model to promote healthy lifestyles amongst your peers.
- Be our 'reporter' sharing authentic stories on how young people in your community are staying mentally healthy during these times of isolation and record the impact YOH Fest has on participants.
- An opportunity to do a social media takeover of the YOH Fest IG & FB accounts.
What you get:
- Confidence and leadership skills
- Public Speaking & Volunteering Opportunities
- Build connections within your community
- YOH Fest ambassador t-shirt
- The opportunity to apply for a funding scholarship to create an activity/promotion concept that promotes the Act-Belong-Commit message within your community.
How to enter:
Self-nominate your suitability as The Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador by submitting a short video (from your phone will do) of your personal journey and experience, either as a result of YOH Fest or how you have overcome adversity to make positive changes and lead a healthier life.
Ready to apply? Nominate yourself
Stay in the Loop
Keep up to date with the latest news, publications and upcoming events.